Hire the Right Sales People
Growing your business means filling your sales pipeline. Filling your sales pipeline means getting more customers and identifying more and better opportunities. And when you boil it down, there are only 2 ways to do it:
When to hire a new salesperson
There are definitely times when you should hire new salespeople to grow your business. Maybe your organization is struggling to:
- Get enough new customers
- Meet growth objectives
- Expand into new markets
- Replace customer attrition
- Grow existing customers
- Follow-up and qualify sales leads
Build a strong sales team to get more customers and grow your company
If salespeople are failing to meet these goals because they’re busy handling too many existing accounts or too large a territory, or they simply lack the skills to do the job, it’s time to start hiring.
How to hire the right salespeople
Hiring decisions are rarely easy. But hiring a salesperson can be especially challenging.
There’s a lot at stake. When you hire a new salesperson, there are factors that make things just a little more stressful and uncertain:
- Salespeople are naturally good at selling things including themselves even if they might not be right for your company.
- Just because the salesperson was successful at another company, even a competitor, doesn’t mean they’ll be successful at your company.
- Business owners are concerned about repeating salesperson hiring mistakes of the past.
- New veteran salespeople are often expected to get to full productivity very quickly to meet critical business goals.
Fortunately, while sales rep hiring is a bit of an art, it’s mostly a science. So there is a way to establish a defined process that helps avoid sales hiring mistakes and reduce the stress and uncertainty.By defining the right methods for interviewing, setting performance expectations, onboarding and compensation for salespeople in your business, you can learn to consistently:
- Find and keep the right salespeople
- Hire salespeople who can quickly produce leads and sales
- Get consistent sales results from your sales team
- Manage salespeople to higher performance
- Start new hires closing business faster
- Show a return on the salary and commissions you’ve invested in your sales team
Define the right hiring process to build a strong sales team
You can grow your business by hiring salespeople who do bring in more customers. The following resource can help you get started on the path to building a stronger sales team by knowing the right interview questions to ask. Our FREE resouce, “The Top 10 Sales Rep Interview Questions,” is a valuable resource for anyone looking to build a solid sales team. Download your free copy below!